Saturday, January 19, 2008

Copper & Schnapps

I went to see Iron & Wine tonight at a club called:


in Paris, France. It was a really cool venue, with this kind of thing on the wall:



Guess who else has played here!



This girl opened:



She doesn't really have 2 faces. She was very good! And then Sam Beam came out and tuned up his guitars.



He also waved hello to Jenny! We were very close to the front



Then the band came out and played! These are the songs they played:



(Yep, I stole that label from Sam Beam's amp. Jenny ripped it off for me.) If you can't read it, here it is:

  • Trapeze Swinger
  • Love Song of the Buzzard
  • On Your Wings
  • Peace Beneath the City
  • Innocent Bones
  • House by the Sea
  • The Devil Never Sleeps
  • White Tooth Man
  • Weary Memory
  • Upward Over the Mountain
  • Carousel
  • Cinder & Smoke
  • Boy With a Coin
  • Sodom, South Georgia
  • Wolves (Song of the Shepherd's Dog)
  • Flightless Bird, American Mouth
    **ENCORE**
  • Resurrection Fern

    Here are some pictures and a video from the show!









    Then after the show, the band members came out and we got to say "Hello!"




    My conversation with Sam Beam was less awkward than at Lollapalooza! Here is the gist of it:

    Andrew Root: Hi, I'm Andrew. Great show tonight.

    Sam Beam: Andrew, thanks man. Are you guys American?

    AR: We're Canadian.

    SB: Oh, ok. Cool. What are you doing here?

    Jenny Hazelton: I'm going to school.

    SB: Really? For how long?

    JH: A year, maybe two if I get back in.

    SB: Cool, good luck with that.

    AR: I actually met you at Lollapalooza a few summers back.

    JH: (laughing) Do you remember him?

    SB: I'm sorry, I don't. I wish I did.

    AR: I was the awkward guy with nothing to say.

    SB: Heh heh, oh right.

    AR: Well, great show tonight!

    SB: Thank you, thanks for coming out.

    JH: Where are you going next?

    SB: Hamburg. We'll be in Hamburg tomorrow.

    JH: Well, have a hamburger for us.

    SB: (laughing) Ok, I will! Thanks again for coming out.

    I also got to speak with Sarah Beam which was pretty nice. She is fairly soft spoken, and she said it sounds like I have a nice life, which was very decent of her.

    And that's how I saw Iron & Wine tonight!

  • 2 Comments:

    At 1:03 a.m., Blogger Liz said...

    "Do you remember my friend Liz? She was the one who couldn't remember her name"

    PS: I'm so sure he would have.

     
    At 5:55 p.m., Blogger Angelo Muredda said...

    Bravo!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home