Thursday, January 31, 2008

Roadblock

–noun 1. an obstruction placed across a road, esp. of barricades or police cars, for halting or hindering traffic, as to facilitate the capture of a pursued car or inspection for safety violations.
2. an obstruction on a road, as a fallen tree or a pile of fallen rocks.
3. a hastily built barricade, as of barbed wire, erected across a road to hold up the advance of an enemy.
4. an action, condition, etc., that obstructs progress toward an objective

When I return to Canada from Paris, one option that I was seriously considering was auditioning for the Conservatory at Stratford. With nothing to lose, I figured, "Why Not?"

Problems now include:

  • I do not have a "multi-year degree specializing in theatre." I have all of the required courses, minus one I think, to qualify, but since I signed up for an English degree I doubt Laurentian will just give me a theatre degree as well if I sign up for that last course.
  • I do not have "at least 2 years of professional acting experience."

    This is not to say that I won't eventually apply. It just kind of sucks that it probably would mean another four years of school, two years of "trying to make it" and several thousand more dollars in debt. I would be 31 before I could apply.

    Ahh, life! You throw such curvy curveballs.

    I miss my friends.

  • 1 Comments:

    At 8:45 p.m., Blogger Angelo Muredda said...

    Hm.
    I'd get in contact with the Theatre chair -- whoever that is. I don't see why they couldn't count you as a double major with a Theatre degree, if you finish that last course.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home