Friday, March 07, 2008

Analog Photog... kind of.

Hey there and hello.

I recently (ie/ in Januray) invested in an old school analog camera with the hopes of getting a little more character into my pictures. Then I tried to find a place that would develop that film. There is a big box-ish store called FNAC here which said that they would develop that film for a resonable price as well! A bonus, if ever there was one.

Now comes the complication. I went to pick them up today, and all they did was give me the negatives. For fourteen euros, all I got was the negatives. These would be helpful if..... I had a darkroom and knew how to develop them myself. I do not. FNAC will develop them for the cost of 1 - 1.50 euro per picture, which is pretty steep.

But here's what I tried to do. I hung the negatives in my window so the light would shine through them, took digital pictures, put those pictures on the computer and used MSPaint to invert the colours, thus transforming them into the fuzzy, poorly framed pictures below. Ironically, it was the $450 digital camera that caused the fuzziness, and not the $60 analog camera.


Sacre Couer/Living Statue


Sam Beam


Gravestone - Montparnasse Cemetary


Montparnasse Cemetary

I'm going to try to get a few of these developed properly, but until I can scrounge up the cash, this is the best I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home